Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Monday...What about Priscilla and Aquilla?

The naysayers also draw our attention to the ministry of Priscilla and Aquila, as if the inclusion of the woman with her husband somehow negates the hundred or so doctrinal verses that teach about a womans role as a helper to her husband. On the contrary, although they are about a womans role as a helper to her husband. On the contrary, although they are mentioned five times in the Bible, Priscilla is never mentioned alone. She is always with her husband, as I am with mine. When my husband goes to speak at a seminar on family and child-training issues, they usually advertise us as Michael and Debbie Pearl. He takes the stage and does the teaching, while I sit in the audience to support him. He sometimes calls on me to publicly answer questions about child training or homeschooling, but I never publicly teach doctrine to anyone, men or women. I counsel women and make sure my husband gets plenty of rest, has good food and is able to remember wher he is and what he is to do next. He often asks me my opinion on issues and iIhelp him formulate ideas as we discuss points of concern for the seminar. MY ROLE AS HELPMATE IS A SUPPORT ROLE, as I am sure was the case with Piscilla.....
Love to all....
Terri

No comments:

Post a Comment